I’m not a huge fan of mug cakes. The first time someone sent me the recipe, I couldn’t hold in my excitement. “Really??? I can make a cake whenever I am having a craving in 5 minutes?” It sounded too good to be true…and it was. Mug cakes I have tried come out dry, bland, and very chewy. But then I stumbled across this recipe: Nutella Mug Cake. Now I don’t know about you…but I LOVE Nutella, so I decided it was worth a shot to give this recipe a try. And it passed my test of approval. It will definitely come in handy for those emergency craving days.
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine was good between 1 1/2-2 minutes.) Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired.
2. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Note: Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time.
Makes 1 VERY large serving…there’s enough to share.
Taste test approved by my son. =)