You must think I live on Pinterest, because yet again I am making something I found on there. Today it was these deliciously cute mini cinnamon rolls. I must say I was attracted to them because it was titled the “8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls“. Although disappointingly, that’s how long it takes to bake them, not to make and bake them. But I wasn’t disappointed for too long, because they were sooooo delicious and very easy to make. Please forgive me that mine didn’t come out looking as nice as Iowa Girl Eats Cinnamon Rolls, but in my defense I had small children helping me.
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Brown sugar
For the maple icing:
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions. Layout half the dough (4 triangles) and pinch all the seams together. Flip over and pinch the seams on the back side together too.
2. Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick. Brush with half the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want.
3. Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces. Place mini cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin.
4. Repeat the first 3 steps with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Bake according to package directions.